I was so wrong...A lesson on judgement

"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgement you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get." Matthew 7:1-2

Jesus issues a stern warning to about judging other people. Unfortunately I fall into this category, especially during these past two days. Let me explain

Yesterday there was a classmate of mine who upon entering our group began complaining to the professor about something. She was disrespectful to the professor, as the professor tried unsuccessfully to calm her down. She was eventually asked to step outside to talk with the professor. While she was outside I began my tirade about her, I complained out loud, "Who the hell she thinks she is, complaining about coming late to class, I drive over an hour each day, often times in traffic, what nerve!" When she came back I tried to ignore her, but her confrontation came up and she mentioned how she suffered from lupus and how each month she needed about 10 blood tests and on top of that she said that she had no health coverage. Wow, what a bitter dose of reality. Here I was complaining about her while this woman was bravely confronting her disease. I felt so bad, I need to pray for forgiveness. I need to pray for her...

Prayer:

Lord please forgive me for the times that I judge another. Help me to become more like you, by practicing a gospel of love and forgiveness, let me be just as forgiving with others as you have been with me. Amen

Comments

Popular Posts