All Hail The Mighty Steven!

This is a little reflection that I had to write in my child psychology class about my beloved friend, Steve. This reflection brought back many fond memories about this important and pivotal person in my life. So let me introduce to the world my beloved friend Steve.



"I met Steve when I was only 8. Before that I did not have any significant relationships except for my brothers Marcello and Daniele. But when Steve walked into my life everything changed. I remember the day very clearly as it was yesterday.
It was sometimes in January, when I saw this chubby, quiet kid walk into my living room. He had an "S" jacket that looked something like a 1950's jacket that would be worn by James Dean. The only problem with this was that it was 1989, and the era of the greaser was long gone. But besides this awkward unassuming beginning something great was on the horizon. My life was about to change...
For starters Steve was almost three years older than me and was great in baseball and was a straight A student. Soon after we met (besides the awkward first meeting with infamous Abraham Lincoln joke book) we began doing everything together. We rode bikes, played baseball, shot some hoops, played video games, and yes we even spoke about the greatest of all mysteries, girls!
Steve was also fiercely loyal to me. There was that one time when Robert began teasing and bullying me around the Foosball table, when Steve bravely stepped in confronted the cowardly assailant, striking him fiercely with his now famous, "Choke Hold"
In short Steve was the first friend who accepted me for who I was. This meant a lot to me because I was overly shy and I came from a broken home. At that point I did not yet like myself or possess the confidence necessary to believe in my own God given talents.
It is amazing how God places certain people in our lives to change them for the better. I can not imagine how my life would have turned out if I had not met Steve. My life has been infinitely blessed because of this great person. Long live the Steve!


Comments

Popular Posts