The battle of the sexes: The protest of 88'

We were boys on a mission... I was 7, my cousin was 8, and my two brothers were 5 and 3. We were determined to free ourselves from the burdening, ever menacing, oppressive hand of our greatest nemesis...girls. I don't remember what was the offense, but somehow, somewhere, we were wronged and we needed to voice our anger...So I as the ring leader decided that we should strip ourselves naked, and to go to our front living room window. Each time a car or a person passed we began chanting, "No more girls, no more girls" and while we chanted we also did this twisted version of the chicken dance. Yes, there we were, the brazen, the courageous, the four us reclaiming our new found freedom, our new naked dignity.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts