Renee Rewards: Reason 20

I love Renee because she understands me better than any person in the world.  Before we got married and even before we began dating we were friends first.  I remember fondly the first time that I ever met Renee.  I was at Spirit and Truth and it was one of my first times there.  Renee approached me and commented how I prayed the scriptural rosary during the gathering.  I was amazed at her astute and perceptive observation.  We met several times after that but nothing kindled in my heart yet.  I actually almost derailed our budding friendship when I accidentally took a picture of her at the Spirit and Truth anniversary party. She immediately got angry at and told me to immediately erase the picture.  Even though I thought that she was psycho I did not know that she was deathly afraid of pictures. (She still is afraid of pictures) After that moment we bounced back in a huge way when I went to her brother's wedding as her date.  At that moment even though there weren't any romantic feelings on my end I realized that she was the coolest person in the world.  She made me laugh, she was a consummate pro at bantering, and she was so smart and loved the Lord. In her I found my best friend, she was the only person who I wanted to be with. There would be many moments after coming home I would think to myself, "How nice it would be to have a woman like her." After that encounter we hung out several times after,each time confirming in my heart that she understood me better than anyone else. Though it took some time before we began officially dating, the proper and Godly foundation was being laid for our eventual courtship and marriage.  There is a famous saying that goes, "To love is to understand" Boy I must have won the lottery in that department because Renee understands and knows me better than any person in the world.  For this I love her tremendously.

Comments

Popular Posts