A new approach

It has been a great struggle of mine adapting to this new format of writing.  Through much prayer, discernment, and consultation with my wife we have concluded that it would be most orderly if I would blog after all of my responsibilities are finished. This new focus is also confirmed by Jesus as he says,

"I want my children to have spiritual discipline.  This means you practice your faith regardless of how you feel.  There is far too much time spent on feelings today.  Duty is more important.  My children of the world think that their duties should be suspended if their feelings change.  This is not the case, my children.  On the contrary, you must complete your duties despite feelings of fatigue, boredom, and restlessness." ( 123 Volume I Direction for our Times)  If you are interested in more of these messages here is the website.

Even though I have adopted this new approach it has been very difficult.  I have found through my past experiences in writing that I generally tend to write more effectively in the morning.  It seems that my mind is more full of ideas in the morning.  At nights I am generally more tired, and fatigued, and it is a greater struggle for me to get myself to be more creative.  But at the same time I am grateful for this new approach because it is forcing me to become a more discliplined writer, writing not only when I am inspired and in the mood, but when I am not thus forcing me to hone my skills, and push through any impasses.  It is this pushing through that builds character.  However, I must remember duty first, writing second.

Comments

Popular Posts