I need to stay calm...

"When evil times prevail take care to preserve the serenity of your heart." Horace (ancient Roman)

It is a great challenge for me to stay calm especially in a world and country that I feel is going quickly down the drain.  I can't help it.  I hate injustice, It fills my veins with anger, sends my heart racing, and gives me a burning desire to do something about it. 

I hate it when I see the poor suffer, employees getting laid off by greedy coperations, the rights of the unborn being trampled, workers not getting their fare wages, the slow, but deliberate shunning of Christianity in our public arena,  the government wasting our hard earned tax money, politicians doing nothing to protect our country, I hate it when I see phony Catholics supporting pro abortion candidates, I hate it when the corrupt, leftist media, distorts the truth.

My first impulse when hearing or facing injustice is to get angry and frustrated. I am angry because it seems that I can't do anything about these issues, I am angry because I am seeing the future for me and my family being dwindled away.  Each time I turn on the news or radio, or read a blog I get more and more angry with the current state of affairs in our country and the world.

Something needs to be done, things can't stay at status quo, but what's the first step that I can take?  I need to be vigilant about maintaining my peace of mind.  This is the key here because if I am figthing injustice just out of the motive of anger, I will soon burn out and become discouraged,  If I am merely responding out of emotion then my ability to think deliberately and rationally becomes severly compromised.  Most importantly if I am peaceful I could hear the voice of God more clearly. Jesus states this clearly in his message to Anne, a lay apostle (These messages have been approved by her local bishop and are currently being examined by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith)

"Slow down.  Work steadily...My creatures were meant to move steadily.  The world seems to be demanding that you move quickly...Be advised I want your life to move more slowly.  I want your life to move more slowly." (96 Volume I) For more information about these messages and books visit this website.

 I must realize internally that peace will not come merely through my efforts, peace can only come through Christ: so in order to acheive this peace I must become more and more aligned with the will of God.  Once this occurs then my efforts will be blessed and fruitful.  Through this peace I will be able to fulfill Christ's mission of bringing the kingdom of heaven to earth.  But in the meantime I need to pray, and be at peace.

Comments

Popular Posts