Random thoughts

I decided to give myself a little break from writing in a structured approach.  I have decided instead that I will place some of my favorite random thoughts of the day.

"Damn I can't believe that I made it up the hill with my bike on Miller Ave!  This is only my second day of working out and I am already fatigued. But despite this fatigue I am reinvigorated and feel energized to take on the challenges of the day.  In due time I will be able to make it to Holy Cross on bike which is 5 miles away.

This might be the funniest or saddest video that I saw today.  I found this video while I was reading one of my favorite blogs, Creative Minority Report it is of Nancy Pelosi speaking about how the "word" has inspired her as a politician.  Check it out:  Nancy Pelosi and the Word  She is delusional, this is the same "Catholic" senator who has no problem aborting babies.

Here is a great quote from one of my favorite saints, St. Therese of the Child Jesus:

"My glory would consist in becoming a great saint! This desire might seem presumptuous, seeing how weak and imperfect I was and still am, even after eight years as a nun, yet I always feel more the same fearless certainty that I shall become a great saint.  I'm not relying on my own merits, as I have none, but I put my hope in him who is goodness and holiness Himself.  It is He alone who satisfied with my feeble efforts, will raise me to him, will clothe me with his infinite merits, and will make me a saint." (38,The Story of A Soul)

How great it is that we all can become saints!  All it takes is desire and the willingness to do the hard work You might tell me, "that it is too difficult" but think about it, you are going to suffer in this life regardless of what you believe.  Isn't it better to suffer for a great cause like becoming a saint for Christ? Even though I am shaking when I am thinking about it,  I want to become a saint, I want to lead others to Christ.

I am so excited today that I was finally able to get my car inspected.  It was a bittersweet moment because my car failed the inspection over three months ago due to some issues.  I finally repaired the problems and my car passed today.  I know that it might seem insignificant to most of you, but I take these accomplishments seriously.  You must remember where I came from, I came from a home where everything was done for me.  The only thing that I had to do was to practice my guitar and get my diploma.  What an honest and terrible mistake by my parents.  If they only knew that it is the little, mundane things in life that add the most meaning. Anyway since I have found the Lord he has been slowly, patiently, and deliberately transforming me to a complete man, a husband, provider, and hopefully a father.

Comments

Popular Posts