Welcome to the Family: Gabi's First Communion

This past Sunday I had the wonderful privilege and honor in participating in Gabrielle, my beautiful niece's first holy communion.  Gabrielle is one of the most beautiful girls that I have ever seen, she is a natural born photogenic, and deserves to be on the cover of Life cereal. We have a special bond, she was the flower girl at my wedding and I have seen her grow up right before my eyes. She is smart, quick witted, hilarious and possesses arguably the best taste of music that I have ever seen in an 7 year old.  Come on! how cool is it that she likes to listen to U2, The Beatles, The Killers, The Clash, and The Ramones. While most kids are clamouring to hear Taylor Swift, or Lady Ga-Ga,  here we have somebody who has no problem blasting, "Blitzkrieg Bop" The highlight of the event came when I asked her how did she feel after the communion and she responded, "I feel good, but I liked the wine better" and then she followed, "I didn't like the bread much because it tasted like cardboard."  Truer words could have not been spoken, somewhere I can see Jesus cracking up, excited to have this wonderful girl in his camp.

Comments

Popular Posts