Rhode Island Trip Pt. 1 Block Island, Providence

This past weekend my wife and I were blessed to have taken a mini vacation to Rhode Island.  Our trip was focused on three areas: 1) Block Island, 2)Providence, and 3) Newport.  I will be dividing the pictures into two parts. I will also be adding my journal excerpts from the trip. Here are some of the highlights from block island and Providence.


                                                                                     The famous Mohegan Cliffs














 Near the new harbor                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
"I can't believe it I rode a moped with my beautiful wife. What was more surprising was the fact that she was the one that suggested it in the first place. I had never rode on a moped before but I was up for the challenge. There is something so manly about riding a bike with your woman. But the journey did not begin so smoothly it began by me wobbling and almost crashing the bike on the first turn. But soon after I said a prayer to my guardian angel and everything went fine. I loved every minute of that ride. I loved the way the wind beated against my face, the smell of the cool ocean air. While we were riding we saw majestic cliffs and countless back roads that were each calling us to explore them.  Yes there were bees but Renee hung on like a trooper and didn't get us into an accident. (Except this one time...)"


                                                                                   On our way back to Port Judith

"There is something so poetic about watching the water with its rhythmic motions hit the boat. The water is turquoise,a tranquil color.  My mind is at ease, I am grateful to God to for creating this boundless beauty.  Everywhere where you turn you are surrounded by beauty. Everywhere you turn you are embraced by the ferocity of the wind; hitting and caressing you at the same time."






Downtown Providence in the night

"As we were looking for parking we were approached by a man asking us if we wanted parking for $5.00. Renee quickly tugged my arm saying, "I think that there is a homeless man approaching us." I angrily replied, "No", but then the man smiled and said that he would give us his parking spot for free.  We were both wrong, the man was not homeless, he was just kind, he offered us his parking spot. I guess for two jaded New Yorkers this was a shock that kind people actually existed."


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts