I am running on empty

I feel beaten up by life...I feel beaten up by school....I feel beaten up by the traffic of my commute...I am beaten up by my stats class, my research paper, and all the other millions of exams that I will be taking this week.  I feel beaten by fatigue, beaten by sadness, beaten by feelings of failure, beaten by my lack of faith, beaten by my responsibilities, beaten, beaten, beaten.  I have no more energy, no more inspiration, no more desire, no drive to succeed, no ambition, no goal to conquer. I don't feel like praying, I don't feel like working out, and I definitely don't feel like doing "the next right thing" I am in survival mode, I am scaling back, I feel burdened, burdened by a my past failures,burdened by my millions of mistakes, I feel burdened, my back is breaking, by the million pound weight of the future,  Lord please help me, do not leave me astray, do not abandon me, give me the strength to keep pressing on, to finish this test of endurance, to endure this momentary affliction. Help me to remember that "this to will pass", help me to persevere, to conquer, to use this suffering as a way of drawing closer to you. Amen

Comments

Popular Posts