A day of rejoicing: Our Sixth Month Anniversary

Today marks our 6th month wedding anniversary.  I can't believe how fast the time has passed.  All I can say that it has been a wonderful ride, the best 6 months of my life.  Today as I went to mass,  I was struck by the homily where the priest spoke about a particular couple who were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. He also mentioned that today should be a celebration for all married couples.  I was struck by the homily, struck by God's providence; God's gentle yet masterful handling of all the details in my life.  Even in such a small step as attending mass God was using this event to signal his approval of my decision, his approval of my marriage to Renee. 

I feel so blessed being married to Renee.  Whenever people ask me, "How is the married life?" I always reply, "My worst day in marriage is a hundred times better than my best day as a single person."  I think that this answer most accurately reflects my gratitude for being married to the best woman on earth.  I remember days not too long ago when I could not even get up in the morning because of my depression. I remember those bitter days in which I had no job, no hope, no prospects for a good life, in short I had given up.  But fortunately for me the Lord had not given up on me and he was carefully planting the seeds of my return as I was suffering.  I remember many days and nights in front of the Lord during adoration how I would plead to the Lord for a woman.  Oh how I am grateful to the Lord for hearing my prayers.  Renee coming into my life is proof, positive that miracles are possible, if one surrenders himself/herself to the Lord.  It is my prayer that everyone reading this blog surrenders and trusts in the Lord more because it is the Lord's desire to bless all of us.  If you don't believe this just think of me and my beautiful wife, Renee. We are living witnesses to God's transcendent love, how God was always faithful in first bringing us together, marrying us and lastly in sustaining us.
I love you Renee a hundred times more than when we first got married 6 months ago! Happy anniversary!

Comments

Popular Posts