11.21.10 Pt. II Lessons Learned
Here are some of the lessons that I have learned in my first year as a husband:
- The saying "that the woman is always right" definitely applies and is a great way to prevent or curtail an argument
- Praying together is truly the most powerful form of communication, the more you do it, the better
- For all the men out there always, always clean up under the toilet seat after going #1
- Buy fresh flowers at least once a month. Not even expensive ones. Even grocery store ones. Flowers are tangible evidence that u love her.
- Make time regularly to be alone with her.
- Sleeping with my wife definitely beats sleeping alone. I'm a spooner. I admit it. Proudly.
- When stressed watching The Office and Seinfeld can be very helpful
- For all the guys again, making the bed can be sexy. They actually think its sexy when u make the bed! Do it! Easy points! (Read my blog that I wrote about this very thing)
- When angry, strive to never refuse the olive branch that is offered by the other person
- Singing songs that we both mutually hate is a guaranteed way to spark laughter
- Saying "Arghh" while walking and talking like pirates makes us laugh for some strange reason
- Take time to read to one another
- Watching Fox News and talking about how Conservatism is the best governing philosophy for our Country unites us
- Listening to talk radio together is a fun way to learn and debate the current issues affecting our country and world
- Take short, but meaningful overnight or day trips often. Nice drives are memory building.
- Being her husband isn't just a choice. Its a vocation. It has eternal ramifications. Its nothing short of a gift from God, and I actually understand that and appreciate it and I am very, very grateful.