Some Awesome Non Biblical Quotes

These past three days I have been compiling a list of some of my favorite non biblical quotes.  Here is a list of them:

1)Character: "I desire so to conduct the affairs of this administration that if at the end, when I come to lay down the reins of power, I have lost every friend on earth, I shall at least have one friend left, and that friend shall be down inside me."  Abraham Lincoln


2) Courage: "If we take the generally accepted definition of bravery as a quality which knows no fear, I have never seen a brave man.  All men are frightened.  The more intelligent they are the more frightened they are." Gen. George S. Paton

3) Courage: "The paradox of courage is that a man must be a little careless of his life in order to keep it.  G.K. Chesterton

4) Posterity/Legacy: I do the very best I know how-the very best I can; and mean to keep on doing it so until the end.  If the end brings me out all right, what is said against me won't amount to anything.  If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right would make no difference." Abraham Lincoln

5) Work: " The higher men climb the longer their working day...There are no office hours for leaders."  Cardinal Gibbons

6) Vision: "How far would Moses have gone if he had taken a poll in Egypt?" Harry S. Truman

7) Vision: "A genuine leader is not a searcher of consensus but a molder of consensus." Martin Luther King

8) Conviction: "Every generation of Americans needs to know that freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought." John Paul II

9) Risk: "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows no victory or defeat."  Theodore Roosevelt

10) Risk: "The most prominent place in hell is reserved for those who are neutral on the great issues of life." Rev. Billy Graham

Comments

Popular Posts