5 Interesting Quotes (Including Random Commentaries)

For this post I decided to have some fun so I will be listing 5 interesting quotes with some random side commentaries:

1) "The Orgasm has replaced the Cross as the focus of longing and the image of fulfillment."-Malcolm Muggeridge
  • It's sad but this quote is true.  Everywhere where you turn sex is being glamorized, publicized, and exploited.   That old adage "Sex sells" is very applicable especially to our current society.  I believe the reason for this is that Satan in his evil genius has sold our world the terrible lie that sex is a viable substitute for a relationship with God.  John Paul II once said (I am paraphrasing) that our powerful sexual feelings are really longings for God."  Unfortunately we live in a world which understands this the other way around.
2)"If I were two faced, would I be wearing this one?"-Abraham Lincoln
  • This quote best shows the self deprecating humor of our greatest president.  Most psychological research has concluded that he suffered from chronic depression. In order to cope with this debilitating illness Lincoln developed a legendary sense of humor. I believe that we all could use a little bit more of self deprecating humor, and like Lincoln stop taking ourselves so seriously.
3)"Every man sees in his relatives a series of grotesque caricatures of himself." -H.L. Mencken
  •  This quote hits home especially growing up from a large, ethnic family.   Even though the blessings far outweigh the negatives, getting along with different family members is a Herculean feat. Good luck! Get this one right and I believe that you possess a profound secret of life.  I have always said that the family is the playground of life, excel in it you will learn how live effectively, fail in it, then you will not be equipped to deal with the challenges of life.  I almost believe that growing up with a family is God's practical joke since one does not have no say over who becomes a family member.  Once I hopefully get into heaven I would love to ask God to fill me in on the process of family selection!
4) "A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."- George Bernard Shaw
  • I love this quote because it reflects an ideal on how I strive to live my life.  This quote is also consoling especially since I have made over a million mistakes in my lifetime.  This quote encourages idiots like myself to keep trying because as long as I keep making mistakes, (which is inevitable) it means that I am truly living.  It is when I am not making mistakes that I should be worried because I am either dead, or have given up living.
5) "I drink too much. Last time I gave a urine sample there was an olive in it."-Rodney Dangerfield
  • I admit that this quote is a bit over the top, but it is hilarious.  I remember the first time that I read this quote I couldn't stop laughing.   Mr. Dangerfield is the king of irreverent absurdity.

Comments

Popular Posts