Scenes from Cape Cod Pt. V (Random, Oddities)

"But this shore will never be more attractive that it is now.  Such beaches as are fashionable are here made and unmade in a day, I may almost say, by the sea shifting its sands.  Lynn and Nantasket! This bare and bended arm it is that makes the bay in which they lie so snugly.  What are springs, the waterfalls?  Here is the spring of springs, the waterfall of waterfalls.  A storm in the fall or winter is the time to visit it; a lighthouse or a fisherman's hut the true hotel.  A man my stand there and put all America behind him." Henry David Thoreau from Cape Cod, p. 318-319


Truro, The Crow's Nest.  This shot was taken from our room.  What made this shot interesting was my fascination with the lone candle on the table.  I was intrigued by the contrast of light and shade.  Also the back drop of the calm and serene ocean made this shot memorable.








Provincetown.  After passing Provincetown numerous times on our trip we stumbled upon this interesting statue.  This is one of the funniest and oddest statues that I have seen. The man and the woman are totally asymmetrical. This statue in a weird way reminded me of my parents who were also asymmetrical in their relationship.













Dennis, The Scargo Cafe.  As we were eating, I needed to go to the bathroom.  As I went there I came across this interesting sign that helped to remind me of my bathroom priorities.










Provincetown.  As we were innocently strolling around town, we came across this strange and grotesque painting of an nude, old man.  We were so intrigued by it that we needed to take a shot.  Renee strangely mentioned that I bore a striking resemblance to this man.  The sad part is that I am starting to believe her also.  (Children, adults, close your eyes!)







Highland Lighthouse,  Truro.  As I was walking up the one of formidable, sand cliffs, I came upon this burning bush.  Immediately I felt like I heard the voice of God speaking, calling me, Marco, Marco.  I was so struck by the bush's presence that I began to take my sandals off.  Of course my dearest Renee brought me back to reality from my delusion. But still I am convinced to this very day that this was the burning bush.





Highland Lighthouse, Truro.  I was intrigued by this sign. Particularly I loved the image of the person sliding off the cliff. For some strange reason this image gave me the impression that falling off a cliff can be fun. It was comical to me, that there needed to be a sign to warn people not to walk or fall off the cliff.









Highland Lighthouse, Truro.   This is how I felt about our entire trip.  Notice the glee and cheesiness of my grin, come to think about I am starting to look a little like that naked old man painting!

Comments

Popular Posts