5 Awesome Quotes on Leadership

During these few days as I have been carefully discerning which path to take for employment, I have been reflecting on the subject of leadership. Those who know me well know that I am a leadership junkie; any book, magazine, or T.V. program that speaks about leadership I am usually there, salivating like a dog waiting to feast on any nugget of wisdom or knowledge.  As the spiritual head of my family the issue of leadership is a very important. I know that I will be held accountable for my leadership or lack thereof.  Let's face it as men we are called to lead, anytime we abdicate this responsibility our world, families, communities, and our church suffers.

In light of these inner reflections I will be posting 5 of my favorite quotes regarding leadership.  All of these quotes are taken from the book, "21 Indispensable Qualities of a leader:  Becoming the person Others Will Want to Follow" by John C. Maxwell.

1) "Never for the sake of peace and quiet" deny your own experience or convictions." -Dag Hammarskjold, statesman and Nobel Peace Prize Winner

2) "The Society which scorns excellence in plumbing because plumbing is a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy.  Neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water."  John Gardner, Author
 
3) "Courage is fear that has said its prayers." Karl Barth, Swiss Theologian
 
4) "The measure of success is not whether you have a tough problem to deal with, but whether it is the same problem you had last year." John Foster Dulles, Former Secretary of State
 
5) "To do important tasks, two things are necessary: a plan and not quite enough time." Anonymous

Comments

Popular Posts