Skip to main content

10 reasons why someone should hire me

This post was created by me as a way of attracting the attention of future employers. The origins of this post came from my frustration of the job search process. As most of you well know I am recently completed my college education this past May. I have also been looking seriously for a job these past two months. I had submitted dozens of applications online, been on several interviews, made dozens of phones calls and I still have not been able to find employment. I am fed up of the traditional job search which goes something like this: 1)(Employer) Show me your resume, 2) (Employer) I might call you back, 3) (Employer again) I will choose you randomly out of a list of thousands of people with the same skills. This process simply does not work. I am fed up and I am trying something entirely different. It is my hope that this post gives me the opportunity to find employment on the basis of my unique talents and abilities.  I am calling on all my friends to keep spreading the word about me.  Thanks and God Bless.  Here are the 10 reasons why I believe that I should be hired:


1.       I am intelligent.  I have a cumulative 3.7 GPA, but besides this I possess other intellectual strengths and abilities.

2.       I am diligent and hardworking.  I take pride in what I do.  Work is a gift from God (Click here to find some awesome quotes on work) I strive to be the best at what I do.

3.       I am teachable: More importantly than striving to be the best, I do realize that there will be times when I will need the help of others.  Fortunately I am not afraid or too proud to ask for help , and I am willing to be taught by the experiences of others

4.       I am leadership material;  During these past three years I have had the blessing and unique opportunity to be a part of the leadership team of a young adult ministry.  Through this position I have learned first hand much about leadership skills such as, possessing a vision, creating and implementing protocols, navigating effectively through disagreements and conflicts, confronting members when necessary.

5.       I am ethically and morally driven: As a practicing Catholic Christian I realize that I am fully responsible for all of my actions. I strive daily to live a life of excellence in all areas.  (For further details about my values click here )

6.       I am funny.  I possess a great sense of humor.  I know how to make others laugh.

7.       I am great with people.  I feel very comfortable talking and engaging with people.  Being around people inspires me.  I also enjoy helping others out.

8.       I possess other unique, highly marketable abilities.  I am fluent in two other languages, (Slovak, Italian).  I am fluent with Microsoft office, using and navigating the Internet, utilizing different blogging software, Internet marketing, excellent writing and oral composition ability, creative, thinking outside of the box, musical. I am also a trained classical guitarist and a song writer.

9.       I am physically attractive. ( At least that’s what my wife says!)  I am an attractive man, I am tall, (nearly 6’ 4’) possessing dark features, etc. check out this pic tell me what do you think?

10.   I created this post. Think about it? If I am this creative and innovative in my job search just imagine how much value I can add to your company!  I value creative and original thought.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Great Quotes from The Book of Sirach

The book of Sirach is a book that is often overlooked in the bible. This is unfortunate since this book contains many wise, practical saying on how to live a virtous life. The book was believed to have been written between 200-175 B.C.E.

Here are ten quotes that I feel best reflect this timeless work.

1."Do not become a beggar by feasting with\borrowed money, when you have nothing in your purse." Sirach 18:33

2."In all you do remember the end of your life, and then you will never sin." 7:36

3.."Glory and dishonor come from speaking; a man's tongue is his downfall." 5:13"

4."A wise man is cautious in everything." 18:27

5."One who trusts others is light minded." 19:4

6."If you pursue justice, you will obtain it and wear it as a glorious robe." 27:8

7."Many have fallen by the edge of the sword, but no many as have fallen because of the tongue." 28:18

8." In all of your work be industrious and no sickness will…

George Michael, Carrie Fisher, and The Afterlife

I was stunned, as was most of the world was when I heard about the passing of George Michael on Christmas day.  Michael possessed enormous talent was and one of the most successful acts in the 1980's and early 90's

Shortly after Carrie Fisher died.  Fisher was famous for her legendary role as princess Leia from the Star Wars movies.  Strangely her mother also died the day after.

2016 was a notable year for celebrity deaths.

Some names include Prince, Glenn Frey, David Bowie,  Doris Roberts, Alan Rickman, and Muhammad Ali.

As a Catholic these deaths got me thinking about the transient nature of life and the inevitability of death.

Marcus Aurelius, the stoic, emperor, philosopher king wrote about the passing nature of life as he reflected, "Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current; no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place, and this too will be swept away."

Even though I agree mostly with Aurelius&…

Me vs. The Almighty

There is a famous scene in the Bible where Jacob wrestles with God.  Jacob fights with God until God takes out a bone from Jacob's thigh. Interestingly, God eventually relents and stops fighting with Jacob. After this dramatic incident, Jacob is renamed Israel which literally means, "he who struggles with God."

I can relate to this story.  Many times in my life I have argued with God. I still do. (my wife can attest to that.) Many times I have criticized his tactics, his ways, and his wisdom. In my worst moments, I have even used choice language. I have a complicated relationship with God. Like Jacob, I have wrestled with God. (thigh bone still intact)

Recently I approached a priest friend of mine and told him of my struggles with God.  I expected that he would chide me for my lack of respect and informality. What this priest said was illuminating and encouraging. He told me that it was OK at times to be angry with God, God understood. He, in fact, encouraged this honest…