A Great Article About The Feast of Immaculate Conception

Today is the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception a Holy Day of Obligation for Catholics.  It is a great day which commemorates the sinless perfection of the blessed mother. This dogma is unfortunately misunderstood especially by our Protestant brethren.   I have to admit that I, myself even doubted the validity of this dogma, it just didn't make any sense.  Why have a holy day of obligation right in the midst of the Christmas Holiday which is supposed to be centered on Christ?  Why is it mandatory for me to believe in something which has little to no biblical basis?  Why make it an obligation instead of just a feast day?   I also have received many questions by others asking me to explain this solemnity.  Fortunately today I was able to find this informative article which does a great job in explaining the reasons for this solemnity.  To read the article click here.

Have a blessed Immaculate Conception Day

Comments

Popular Posts