It is Time to Begin Again!

"For a son of God each day should be an opportunity for renewal, knowing for sure that with the help of grace he will reach the end of the road, which is Love. That is why if you begin and begin again, you are doing well. If you have a will to win, if you struggle, then with God’s help you will conquer. There will be no difficulty you cannot overcome." St. Josemaria Escriva from The Forge, 344

You've been hit. Life has thrown you one of its curve balls.  Just a moment before everything seemed right, everything made sense; there was a flow and purpose to everything.  Now everything seems wrong.  You have fallen again, though you struggle to keep getting up life gets in the way, you get in the way.  How did this happen?  You knew that you weren't perfect, but still the weight of your imperfection haunts you.  You thought that you were better, but in reality you are not.  You are at the same spot where you started.  You are where you are supposed to be.  It is time to begin again...

I have experienced this many times before as I have been confronted by my weaknesses.  I am not talking about some great weaknesses. (even though I have many of those)   I am talking about the small, insignificant, almost imperceptible weaknesses; the kind that you do without thinking.  The kind that most people wouldn't even notice.  It is so easy to be hard on myself.  It is so easy to be unhappy.  It is so easy to give up the fight.  Yet I must begin again...

Comments

Popular Posts