Skip to main content

Sandy Hook Nudists Are Back (Well Sort of...)

Sandy Hook has a bad reputation...No it isn't because the water is murky brown. Or because it is in New Jersey or that for for nearly 4 months it is loaded with trash littering Bennys.   Sandy Hook has a bad reputation mostly for this one reason only...

Sandy Hook is the home to an elderly nudist colony; the remnant of the free loving hippies of 68'.   These nudists are so flamboyant that during the summer they can be seen playing beach volley ball with their withered dangling parts hanging out. 

A couple of days ago my wife and I decided to take a pleasant stroll on the beach.  It was the ideal time with 70 plus degree weather and no crowds.  As we began walking towards the shore we were greeted by two 70 plus year olds.  One was a male who wore tight fitting turquoise blue swim shorts and the other a woman who had an equally dreadful fitting bathing suit showing parts which no sensible human would want to see. But we walked on, shrugged off the distraction and planted our beach chairs. 

There is something so wrong about this.
After about a few minutes another woman walked by us prancing along in her hideous bikini like an undisciplined steed.  The bikini was so hideous that her butt cheeks were clumsily hanging out.  Judging by her bleached blond hair and social cluelessness she was probably Eastern European; maybe from Bulgaria or Ukraine. I don't know what it is about Eastern Europeans but they seem to have a penchant for wearing terrible swim wear.  These are the same people who popularized the Speedo and made it a continental fashion statement.  These were also the same people who allowed David Hasselhoff to sing in front of the Berlin Wall shortly after its collapse.

Then if that wasn't bad enough I saw another 60 plus year old woman doing and wearing something weird.  This time it wasn't the swim suit that bothered me.  Instead it was the strange thick tubed white socks she was wearing.  Come on who wears thick tubed white socks to the beach! She looked like she just finished a Richard Simmons sweating to the oldies workout and wanted to go to the beach for a splash.

A part of me was thrilled when I finally got into my car.  To be honest I was slightly traumatized:  Between the quasi exhibitionist elderly couple, the clueless Eastern European, and the Richard Simmons thick tubed sock wearing grandmother I had my share of eye candy. The only good thing besides spending quality time with my best friend and wife was that it was never easier to avoid temptation. For that I was grateful or ungrateful.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Great Quotes from The Book of Sirach

The book of Sirach is a book that is often overlooked in the bible. This is unfortunate since this book contains many wise, practical saying on how to live a virtous life. The book was believed to have been written between 200-175 B.C.E.

Here are ten quotes that I feel best reflect this timeless work.

1."Do not become a beggar by feasting with\borrowed money, when you have nothing in your purse." Sirach 18:33

2."In all you do remember the end of your life, and then you will never sin." 7:36

3.."Glory and dishonor come from speaking; a man's tongue is his downfall." 5:13"

4."A wise man is cautious in everything." 18:27

5."One who trusts others is light minded." 19:4

6."If you pursue justice, you will obtain it and wear it as a glorious robe." 27:8

7."Many have fallen by the edge of the sword, but no many as have fallen because of the tongue." 28:18

8." In all of your work be industrious and no sickness will…

George Michael, Carrie Fisher, and The Afterlife

I was stunned, as was most of the world was when I heard about the passing of George Michael on Christmas day.  Michael possessed enormous talent was and one of the most successful acts in the 1980's and early 90's

Shortly after Carrie Fisher died.  Fisher was famous for her legendary role as princess Leia from the Star Wars movies.  Strangely her mother also died the day after.

2016 was notable year for celebrity deaths.

Some names include: Prince, Glenn Frey, David Bowie,  Doris Roberts, Alan Rickman, and Muhammad Ali.

As a Catholic these deaths got me thinking about the transient nature of life, and the inevitability of death.

Marcus Aurelius, the stoic, emperor, philosopher king wrote about the passing nature of life as he reflected, "Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current; no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place, and this too will be swept away."

Even though I agree mostly with Aurelius&#…

Me vs. The Almighty

There is famous scene in the bible where Jacob wrestles with God.  Jacob fights with God until God takes out a bone from Jacob's thigh. Interestingly, God eventually relents and stops fighting with Jacob. After this dramatic incident Jacob is renamed Israel which literally means, "he who struggles with God."

I can relate to this story.  Many times in my life I have argued with God. I still do. (my wife can attest to that.) Many times I have criticized his tactics, his ways, and his wisdom. In my worst moments I have even used choice language. I have a complicated relationship with God. Like Jacob I have wrestled with God. (thigh bone still intact)

Recently I approached a priest friend of mine and told him of my struggles with God.  I expected that he would chide me for my lack of respect and informality. What this priest said was illuminating and encouraging. He told me that it was OK at times to be angry with God, God understood. He in fact encouraged this honesty and o…