Don't Lose That First Battle Pt. II

A little over a month ago I wrote a post, Don't lose that first battle about the importance of rising on time.  Over the past month as the holidays have come and gone I have been reflecting more and more on this. For the most part I have been doing some great things with my free time such as blogging, praying, going to mass, and relaxing.  Yet despite this I still felt that I was not utilizing my free time in the best way possible.  So in light of this I decided that my New Year's resolution was to become more organized through writing daily and weekly schedules. I even purchased a brand new Catholic Planner complete with daily mass readings to help me on my quest.  So far I have been doing this for the past couple of weeks and the results have been mostly positive.  But one of the negative consequences of living a more organized lifestyle is becoming more aware of wasted time.  I still needed to change even more.  I needed to become even more organized and structured.  Why?  Because each new day was a gift from God. Also I have in me an overwhelming desire for greatness, for sanctity, for sainthood.  I want to be great in the eyes of God, my wife, my country and my future children.  However, like all worthwhile things greatness is a daily habit not just a once in a while occurrence.  If I wanted to be great I needed to be disciplined, that's when I discovered much to my chagrin that one of the ways that I could accomplish this was through becoming an early riser!  

Read these 4 short great articles to catch my drift. 

1) 5 Reasons Why You Should Wake Up Early.

2)  A Night Owl Asks:  Is it Objectively Better to Get Up Early?

3) How to Wake Up Early.

4) How to Sleep Less and Stay Healthy.

Ouch!  As a self professed and comfortable night owl the thought of waking up at the crack of dawn terrifies me.  Also there are certain days where my work schedule doesn't allow that to happen.  But, what if I would just try this just for a couple times a week.   If millions of people can do this then I should be able to do the same.  I will keep all of you posted on my progress in the coming weeks.  Until then I ask you all to pray for me that I have the perseverance necessary to become an early riser.

(An interesting idea:  Would anybody like to join me in keeping me accountable?  If interested contact me.)

Comments

Popular Posts