I'm Back: The Musings of a Now Working Man

An unemployed man during the depression.
It feels good to be writing again.  I have taken an unofficial two week hiatus from writing.  The main reason for this is the fact that I have found employment.

I feel incredibly blessed to have a job when millions of people are out of work.  I know that the position is an entry level one, but the spiritual and mental blessings have been abundant:

  • My overall mental state is much more hopeful
  • It feels natural and right to be contributing to our household 
  • I have more structure in my life
  • I have the new found dignity of a working person
  • I am much nicer to my wife 
  • I feel closer to God for honoring my trust in Him
  • I am practicing virtues of  kindness and patience in dealing with hundreds of people each day
  • I am honing my people skills
  • I am receiving a meager yet very needed paycheck
Work therapy is what I like to call it.  It is one of the best remedies for the blues.  I am so grateful to be working. 

Check out my 2 other posts that I have written on the matter, Anna Karenina: The Dignity of Work and Work: A Path To Holiness.

Comments

Popular Posts