Marcello's Mischief: Holy Communion 89'

Since May is the traditional month of every celebration known to man.  (Communions, Weddings, Graduations, Confirmations, Mother's Day, May Day, retirements, take your daughter or pet to work day) Let me share with you my first communion story and how our master of shenanigans made it probably more memorable then it needed to be.

I remember walking into the restaurant, the camera's were blazing, people's eyes looking, and my parents constantly tugging and fixing my suit, always prepping me for the never ending, barrage of the paparazzi lens.  I felt like a celebrity, sort of like a Don Johnson without the loafers. Once I settled down, and came down from my temporary celebrity high, I began to look forward to spending time with my friends, when then it happened...

Each salad plate had what it seemed like millions of black olives.  I personally hated the olives and fortunately for me most of my friends hated them also.  So our ingenious prankster devised a plan in which we would all pass our olives into his plate. Once we all passed our hated olives onto his plate he decided that he would pour all of the olives into the plate of a girl sitting next to him.  This girl was strange to us, she actually loved those wretched olives and she devoured them with a virtuosic fervor.  So when she turned away, our hero poured all of the olives into her plate.  When she turned back around she just resumed eating the olives as if nothing happened.  Weird, it seemed so eerie, like she was some type of olive automaton.  So my brother did this about two more times and still the girl kept eating those dammed olives. She must have literally ate hundreds of olives. She was sort of like Rasputin the more you tried to get rid of her the more she ate, the more you tried to get rid of her the more she ate, the more you tried to get of her... It was freaky, come to think about it I don't think that I have ever seen her after that, maybe somewhere, someplace she is still eating those olives, crunching away, piece by piece with my sanity!

Comments

Popular Posts