Marcello's Mischief 99'

It was supposed to be a calm evening out with some of my high school friends.  We went to one of our favorite places, "Cafe Java" in Westfield. We got our usual, overpriced latte and we sat in our regular place, somewhere behind a dingy corner where the lighting never worked. While we were there there was a cute female singer singing her original songs on the guitar. From what I remember she seemed pretty good as was evidenced by our clapping and waving our cigarette lighters in the air.  (Yes you could actually smoke in those days) Come to think about it I don't think that we cared that much for her music, we were enamored by her looks, hoping in our own pathetic ways that one of us would be her lucky suitor, her prince charming, her knight in shining armor. You see back in those days all we really did was just fantasize, we never took action, we just fantasized.  (This was all that I could do since I looked eerily similar to Isaac Hanson from Hanson) Now for the scary part...

Little did we know that while we were clapping for the singer (secretly hoping that she would notice us)  our pyromaniac took the ash tray, poured some sugar in it and lit it. All of a sudden while we were clapping I noticed from the corner of my eye that there was this huge flame.  Once we all noticed our pyro put even more sugar, while he was singing, "Pour some sugar on me".  Eventually the flame became so large that the manager saw it and began walking towards us, but fortunately our friend was able to douse the flames with all of his San Pellegrino.  We were all upset at him, but come to think about it I think that we were more upset that he ruined our chances of turning our fantasies into realities!

Comments

Popular Posts