It is finished: I am done!

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." 2 Timothy 4:7

At 3:00 o clock today I will walk out of the John J. Cali Music building for the last time. This will mark my last time leaving the building as a student from Montclair State University.  Yes I still have to do a very annoying 6 month internship until I officially get my diploma ( will deal with that in another blog), but today I want to focus on the positive, smoke an Onyx V series cigar, sit back, reunite with my wife (whom I had been cheating on with school these past three months) and relish the joy of me completing this transformative journey.   It sort of feels like 5th grade all over again.  I remember those idyllic days, those days in which I would skip along, happily knowing that for 3 long months I would not have to endure the torture of another pop quiz, some simple fraction mathematical equation, the harassment of my mother to do my homework, the intrusion into my video game life.

Here are several things in which I could skip to today:

  • no more one hour commutes to and from school, often times in rush hour traffic
  • no more walking up that merciless stairway behind the Newman Center
  • not having to endure the indoctrination of liberal, secular progressive ideologues
  • no more studying for statistics
  • no more studying for statistics (this was so bad that it deserved another mention)
  • no more pointless research papers (even though I hate to admit it, but I have been using these research techniques in my blogs)
  • not having to observe women, scantly clad, wearing booty chokers with such words written as, "cute", "old navy","delicious"dressing as if it was some permanent pool party even in the biting cold (will write about that in another blog)
  • no more 8:30 in the morning classes
  • I can finally begin providing for my new family, asserting my Christian role as a provider
  • now the real learning can begin

Here are the things that I will miss about MSU

  • The Newman Center: It was such a blessing to have met Fr. Jim Chern, and Mary Kominsky.  These two are the true heroes of our campus, fighting the good fight always in spite of enormous obstacles
  • The FOCUS bible studies, and missionaries especially James Van Hoven.  These missionaries are an inspiration to me, and it was a blessing to have spent some time with them this past year
  • Matthew Danser, Matthew Danser, Matthew Danser.   Matt has been my best friend, and a blessing at MSU.  It was his friendship and authentic Christian witness that inspired and helped me to keep fighting on. 
  • My music therapy classmates, it has been a wonderful journey growing and maturing together during these past 3 years
  • Dueling it out with liberals and professors. I actually loved debating, it was fun, I loved the challenge, gave me an opportunity to hone and refine my skills
  • Cafe Diem's amazing Starbucks Estima Blend.  This is the best coffee in town, it gives you a jolt, kicks you right in the head, perfect for 8:30 classes
  • Some great professors such as Brian Abrams, Lisa Sargese, Prof. Gonzalez, Prof. Rubis (both are English teachers) Dennis Cinelli and Darren O'Neill.  Thank you all, you have all made a lasting contribution to my life
Praise God! let the party (I mean life) begin!

Comments

  1. I just noticed this blog entry. I am honored that you mentioned me and you too are my best friend and glad that you are in my life to be both a better music therapist and christian !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts